Process for Filipino workers being rehired by the same employer
1. The Employer, to apply for an approval to hire a foreign employee, may go or inquire at any of the Direct Hiring Service Centers (DHSC) below
a. Taipei Center - #69, 3F Yanping N. Rd. Sec. 2, Datung District, Taipei City; Tel: 02-6618-0521
b. Employment Service Center (Taipei-Keelung-Yilan-Hualien-Kinmen-Matsu Region, Lotung Station) - #50 Chungchen N. Rd. Lotung County, Taiwan ; Tel: 03-957-4366
c. Employment Service Center (Taoyuan-Hsinchu-Miaoli Region, Chungli Station) - #182 Xingxing Rd., Chungli City; Tel: 03-428-5549
d. Employment Service Center (Taichung-Changhua-Nantou Region, Taichung Station) - #6, 4F Shifu Rd., Taichung City
e. Employment Service Center (Yunlin-Chiayi-Tainan Region, Tainan Station) - #87 Chianfeng Rd., Tainan City; Tel: 06-208-5363
f. Employment Service Center (Kaohsiung-Pingtung-Penghu-Taitung Region, Fongshan Station) - #93 Zhongshan E. Rd. Kaohsiung County; Tel: 07-743-5225
2. Employers who are qualified to hire a foreign worker may begin the process within four (4) months prior to the expiration of the current foreign worker.
3. The employer shall obtain the ward’s medical evaluation from any accredited medical facility, certifying there is serious disability that would require 24-hour care; and secure recommendation from the Long-term Care Administration Office (LTCAO). This recommendation will be forwarded directly to the BEVT, CLA.
4. After recommendation from the LTCAO is received by BEVT, CLA , the employer submits the application and requirements to DHSC for processing of the recruitment approval from Council of Labor Affairs (CLA) .
5. Upon receipt of the approval letter of recruitment, the employer will proceed to apply for the visa/entry permit with DHSC for CLA processing and approval.
6. After the recruitment approval and visa permit letters are secured from the CLA, the employer prepares the employment documents and OEC/OWWA application for the worker, as required by the MECO-Labor Center in Taiwan , and submits to DHSC for transmittal to the concerned foreign office for verification.
7. The employer pays for the verification fee in the designated bank assigned by MECO, via electronic or over-the-counter bank transactions; or through cash transmittal via postal service.
8. MECO receives the transmitted documents from DHSC, and checks its completeness, correctness, and payment.
9. MECO verifies the documents and transmits to the employer.
10. The employer sends all related documents to DHSC for transmittal to TECO, Manila , and issues a voucher to the worker.
11. The worker goes to TECO to obtain his/her visa, and retrieve all related documents.
1. A worker who is being rehired through the SHPT may secure their Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and OWWA membership from MECO's Philippine Labor Center, personally, or may submit their application together with the employment documents through DHSC.
2. Medical examination should be done in Taiwan before leaving for the Philippines. The concerned worker may then waive the required medical examination three (3) days upon arrival to Taiwan.
3. MECO verification is at 11F Chang Chun Road, Chung Shan District, Taipei City 10479