The MECO will process your Taiwan police clearance, whether you are residing in Taiwan or not. If you are still residing or working in Taiwan, you are advised to file the request with the Taiwanese Police directly. You can file the application with our office at Makati, Metro Manila.
Procedure in Applying for Police Record Certificate
1. Fill out Police Record Certificate Application Form
2. Submit requirements of 2 photocopies of passport and alien resident card (ARC) used in entering Taiwan
3. Pay processing fee of Php300.00 for regular processing (4-6 weeks) or Php 2,100.00 for expedite processing (2-3 weeks)
4. You will be given an acknowledgment receipt of the processing fee
5. The Administrative Assistant in Manila will notify you once the police record certificate is received so that you can already claim it
6. You need to present the acknowledgment receipt to claim the said police clearance.
If you cannot personally to claim the police clearance, you can assign an authorized representative. The authorized representative shall present all of the following:
a. Your letter of authorization and one of your valid IDs
b. One (1) valid ID of the authorized representative
Note: We may send your Police Clearance to your address withing the Philippines via LBC for an additional cost of Php100.00